Information for Amateurs & Enthusiasts
As an Amateur and Weather Enthusiast, you may be particularly interested in these benefits of joining the Royal Meteorological Society:
- Read Weather, on your smartphone with the free Weather Journal apps from the App Store or Google Play, online via your RMetS.org account, or delivered by post to your door.
- Enhance your knowledge by attending our meetings - there's no need to travel to our National Meetings as members can listen live remotely online
The Royal Meteorological Society is a registered charity, and hence relies upon member subscriptions and donations to help support our charitable work in science and education
Should I be a Fellow, a Member or a Student Member of RMetS?
Within three years of leaving meteorology-related education, you are still eligible for the Student rate. Members of the American Meteorological Society, Institute of Physics, Royal Photographic Society or Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society are eligible for a 25% discount on the Member rate. Fellow, our highest level of membership, is for anyone making substantial contributions to meteorology whether as an observer, academic, teacher, professional, business person, innovator or Society volunteer.
Other benefits of membership for Amateurs and Weather Enthusiasts
- Keep up to date with science and news in weather and climate
- Receive a monthly e-newsletter with updates on our latest projects and upcoming events
- Be invited to dozens of national meetings, local meetings, special interest groups, conferences and other events each year
- Enjoy further discounts on
- Borrowing instruments and access educational resources at no charge
- purchases at our online shop
- Our charged meetings and Conferences
- Membership of partner organisations at the American Meteorological Society, Institute of Physics, Royal Photographic Society and Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society