Membership for Amateurs & Enthusiasts
The Royal Meteorological Society is a registered charity, and hence relies upon member subscriptions and donations to help support our charitable work in science and education.
As an Amateur and Weather Enthusiast, you may be particularly interested in these benefits of joining the Royal Meteorological Society:
- Read Weather, on your smartphone with the free Weather Journal apps from the App Store or Google Play, online via your RMetS.org account, or delivered by post to your door
- Enhance your knowledge by attending our meetings - there's no need to travel to our National Meetings as members can listen live remotely online.
Types of membership
For those who make substantial contributions to meteorology and related sciences, whether as an observer, amateur enthusiast, academic, teacher, professional, business person, innovator or Society volunteer.
For anyone with an interest in meteorology who wishes to support the objectives and goals of the Society.
For full-time students of meteorology and related subjects, of any age, up until three years after you cease to be a registered student.
Corporate from £500
Be part of a progressive Society and join other organisations committed to supporting meteorology as a science, profession and interest, and inspiring the next generation of meteorologists.
Please note: Memberships run from 1st January to 31st December.
Other benefits of membership for Amateurs and Weather Enthusiasts
- Keep up to date with science and news in weather and climate
- Receive a monthly e-newsletter with updates on our latest projects and upcoming events
- Be invited to dozens of national meetings, local meetings, special interest groups, conferences and other events each year
- Enjoy discounts on
- Borrowing instruments and access educational resources at no charge
- purchases at our online shop
- Our charged meetings and Conferences
- Membership of partner organisations at the American Meteorological Society, Institute of Physics, Royal Photographic Society and Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society
- Take part in