You Spoke - We Listened
We recently asked RMetS members to complete a membership survey informing us about what they thought of the Society and what we could do differently. Here’s what our members said . . .
- introduce more effective communication of Society activities, membership benefits and how members can get involved. (COMMUNICATION)
- create opportunities for more members to access Society meetings/events and meteorological archives/material remotely. (ACCESSIBILITY)
- provide more networking opportunities within the community and across related disciplines including a cross community mentoring scheme. (NETWORKING)
- improve access to meteorological information to educate, inform and engage with members and stakeholder groups. (EDUCATION)
- support members during their career, or those who want a career, in meteorology through professional accreditation, careers advice and training (PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT)
Membership Survey results >>
Feedback from the survey has been reviewed by the Strategic Planning Group and key messages will be incorporated into the Society’s new Strategic Plan for 2015-2017. We are also in the process of addressing these key points through a number of initiatives over the next three years, including:
- Building a better relationship with our community by making the Society, staff and council members more welcoming and accessible to all, through a personalised web pages and more opportunities to ‘meet the team’.
- Promoting the ways people can get involved with the Society and increasing our member support.
- Reviewing membership options and membership benefits.
- Improving the communication of news, articles and information about weather and the Society to wider audiences through our websites, email, social media channels, media and a range of publications.
- Exploring the potential for recording / streaming meetings and events.
- Providing more networking opportunities.
- Supporting career development, through Professional Accreditation, ACCSYS (the Society’s new online CPD tool), advice and training.
- Expanding our education and outreach activities.
- Building strong relationships with other national and international societies, institutions and industries.
- Assessing ways to increase membership numbers in under-represented stakeholder groups.
We will continue to keep you informed about developments within the Society. You can keep up-to-date by following us on Twitter @RMetS, or via Facebook www.facebook.com/RMetS