The impact of COVID-19 on the Weather journal
Print subscribers of Weather may have already received an insert with the April edition of the journal outlining the impact of Covid-19 on the process of printing and distribution of Weather.
Our publishers and their partners in most regions are now working from home. This, combined with some country-wide lockdowns, is leading to disruption throughout the publishing industry.
Although the situation is constantly changing, it is likely that the April edition of Weather may be the last printed version until the current crisis is over. However, whilst the next few issues may be disrupted, print subscribers will be sent backdated copies in due course. In the meantime, we would like to encourage all members to access Weather online.
If you already access Weather online, please continue as normal. For those of you who have not previously accessed the online version, please follow the instructions below, choosing the option that best describes you:
You have previously logged into the website
- Login as normal at www.rmets.org
- Go to the Weather journal, which sits under publications, here.
- On the right-hand side there is a blue box with ‘View Current and Past Issues’. Click on this.
You have never logged into the website
- You will need to activate your RMetS online account here.
- You'll need to know your Membership number and the email address you have registered with us.
- If you cannot find this please contact the Membership Secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0118 2080 142.
- Once you have gone through the activation process, you’ll be logged into the site and can follow the instructions above in the section “You have previously logged into the website”.
You used the old website but haven’t logged into the current website
- For security reasons, when you log into the website for the first time we ask you to reset your password.
- You can do this now by visiting here and entering the email that is associated with your RMetS account.
- If you are unsure which email you have registered with us, please get in touch at email@example.com or 0118 2080 142.
- You’ll receive an email with a link that you can use to reset your password - the link can only be used once and expires after 24 hours, if not used. Please check your spam emails if the email doesn’t appear.
- Click the link, follow the instructions and you will reset your password and login to the site.
- You can then follow the instructions above in the section “You have previously logged into the website”.
If you have any queries regarding accessing your online version on Weather or any other concerns about your membership during this challenging time, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0118 2080 142.
We will continue to update the website and we will also include information in the members e-newsletters. If you are a member and don’t currently receive these emails and would like to, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.