London Schools Climate Summit 2021
On Tuesday 29 June, we will be partnering on the inaugural Schools Climate Summit, a flagship event of London Climate Action Week, which seeks to harness the power of London schools for climate action. Under the motto 'Think Like A System, Act As A Sector' the Summit challenges London's 3,500 diverse schools to unite and deliver at scale.
The Royal Meteorological Society is partnering alongside the Mayor of London, London Councils, British Council, Let's Go Zero, Global Action Plan, London National Park City Schools, Climate Psychology Alliance and many other organisations. It will take place at schools in London and through a virtual online Programme.
Speakers include Dy Mayor, Shirley Rodrigues, Stephen Twigg, Emma Howard Boyd, Jonathan Porritt, Harriet Lamb, Lord Jim Knight, Cindy Forde, Dr Jess Tipton and many others.
The Summit activities are divided into three pillars: Summit Programme, Deep Dive workshops & Schools-based activities.
Other events & resources include:
- The London Climate Curriculum - 4 lesson plans on London's climate challenges & SDGs
- Guidance by Climate Psychology Alliance on effective climate change communication with children
- Climate change resources by partner organisations
- 'Doorways' podcast featuring inspirational school & climate leaders
- Student-MP Climate Surgery (2 July) supporting democratic dialogue ahead of COP26
- The ‘Deep Dives’ will be on the five main themes of the Summit - CAMPUS, CURRICULUM, COMMUNITY, CAREERS & FINANCE. These will take place as virtual TeachMeets, workshops and webinars from 29 June to 1 July.
Full details can be found in the summit Brochure.
Click here to register for the Online Summit Programme.