Membership Offer for New Members
Join RMetS today for a one-off discounted price and receive all the benefits of membership for the rest of 2019*.
Anyone who is interested or involved in meteorology can join our historic and world-leading Society. Our worldwide membership is made up of professionals and academics, students and teachers, enthusiasts and observers. Becoming a member means you join a community interested in weather and climate, and can be a part of its many activities including learning about meteorology, publishing articles, representing science, developing careers, supporting young scientists, networking, and engaging other communities and young people.
Membership benefits include a membership welcome pack (containing a certificate, badge, laptop sticker, shopping tote bag), monthly Weather magazine and email newsletter featuring event invitations, project information, news and jobs, access to all of the Society journals online for only an additional £10 per year, discounts on author charges to publish in our journals, on purchasing Wiley-Blackwell books and shop items, access to support from the Legacies Fund, grants, fellowships and mentoring, career development such as professional accreditation and the Society's own online professional development tool, ACCSYS, monthly national and local meetings and annual conferences, including remote streaming and post-meeting access to presentations (members receive a discount on charged events) and the chance to be nominated for awards and prizes which recognises outstanding achievements, stand for election to the Society’s Council and Committees, or volunteer to help run Local Centres or participate in a wide-range of weather and climate projects.
Prices as follows:
- Fellow: £44.00 (£35.20 for online-only)
- Member: £42.00 (£33.60 for online-only)
- Reciprocal Member: £31.50
- Society membership runs 1st Jan – 31st Dec.
- Includes all membership categories except Student (which is already heavily discounted).
- You will gain access to back-dated copies of Weather online and receive an additional 20% off if you sign up to receive future copies of Weather online-only.
- Reciprocal membership: people seeking to join the Society as a Member, who are already members of the American Meteorological Society, Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society, Institute of Physics or Royal Photographic Society are entitled to a 25% discount off the Member rate. Weather is online-only.
Every member is important to us because of the skills, knowledge and ideas each person can bring to the Society. Also, the more members we have, the greater our influence on policy-makers, and the more people enjoying weather and climate as much as we do! Membership fees help to fund our charitable activities in science and education, and support Member services.