Application deadline: 16:00 on 12 August 2019
The Research Council Policy Internships Scheme provides an opportunity for PhD students funded by the Research Councils of UK Research and Innovation to work for three months in one of a selected group of highly influential organisations relevant to UK policy.
Successful applicants have the opportunity to work on one or more policy topics of interest to both the student and the organisation, by producing at least one briefing paper, participating in a policy inquiry and/or organising a policy event, or equivalent piece of work.
The Research Council Policy Internships Scheme is being coordinated by the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) on behalf of all Research Councils. Please contact the NERC Talent and Skills Team with any questions: email@example.com
Further information regarding this scheme is available on the UKRI Policy Internships webpage.
The host partners for the 2019/20 competition round include:
- Centre for Science and Policy (CSaP)
- Committee on Climate Change
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)
- Government Office for Science (GO-Science)
- Joint Nature Conservation Committee (JNCC)
- Natural England
- Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology (POST)
- Public Health England
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA)
- The Royal Society