Prof Liz Bentley Chairing Advisory Panel for Jersey's Citizens’ Assembly on Climate Change
The Advisory Panel for Jersey's Citizens’ Assembly on Climate Change has been appointed.
The panel will provide independent and balanced oversight of the information being presented to participants of the Citizens’ Assembly. They have now met on two occasions and have started the process of reviewing the content.
The Society's Chief Executive, Professor Liz Bentley, is chairing the panel that consists of five other members who were chosen to bring balanced expertise at both local and international levels. They are:
- Toby Park-Lead of Energy, Transport & Sustainability at the Behavioural Insights Team, UK
- Jim Hopley-Chair of the Jersey Energy Forum
- Rebekah Diski-Lead on just transition projects at New Economics Foundation, UK
- Fod Barnes-Former economic advisor to the Government of Jersey
- Rachel Harker-Technology development consultant at Digital Jersey
Liz said: “I am thrilled to be participating on this panel and to take on the role as chair. I hope that my experience of communicating on climate change will be helpful in ensuring that the Assembly provides a balanced and science-based environment for discussion.”