Renew today to keep your membership benefits!
If you haven’t already renewed your membership, or considered becoming a member, then let us help you by highlighting some of the benefits that comes with being a member of the Royal Meteorological Society.
Society membership runs from 1st January to 31st December each year and as we recognise the impacts of the pandemic we have decided to keep our 2021 membership subscriptions at the 2020 rates.
“I am excited about becoming involved in the RMetS in future and to keeping abreast of the latest research and news.” Prof Helen Rogers FRMetS
New membership benefit for 2021
Members can now access two further RMetS journals, for FREE, online via the Society’s website in the same way you would view Weather.
- Quarterly Journal - acknowledged as one of the world’s leading meteorological publications, and
- The International Journal of Climatology, which aims to span the well-established, but rapidly growing field of climatology, through the publication of research papers, short communications, major reviews of progress and reviews of new books and reports in the area of climate science.
This means that members now have FREE online access to ALL of the RMetS journals portfolio.
RMetS multi-journal app
We are pleased to announce that WIRES Climate Change has now been integrated into the RMetS multi journal app. Meaning that as a member you can now read all your favourite journal content, wherever you are, on your smartphone! The free app is available from the App Store or Google Play.
Society highlights 2020 and Strategic Plan 2021-2023
Your membership over the last year has been crucial to our success. Without your support we could not have delivered many of our activities and notable achievements that are highlighted here.
You can also watch our CEO Prof. Liz Bentley and President Prof. David Griggs in two short in conversation videos to highlight recent achievements, introduce the strategic plan and discuss key activities for the coming year. Find out more here.
Membership Survey results
At the start of last year we ran our membership survey, which we do every three years. A summary of the survey findings can be found here. The results of this survey were used to develop the next three-year strategic plan (see above). Thank you to all of you who took the time to participate.
If you have not yet taken advantage of your membership benefits, here is a reminder of just some of benefits available to you:
- Free online access to all EIGHT journals in the RMetS portfolio
- Multi-journal app
- Access to professional accreditation schemes
- Our online Continuing Professional Development tool, ACCSYS
- Access to Society funding schemes
- Access to the RMetS jobs board, the hub for jobs in meteorology
- Discounts on products in the RMetS shop
- Discounts on paid events
- Monthly e-newsletters
For more information about these benefits click here.
We would also encourage you to sign up to our social media channels to keep up-to-date on our latest news and events.
How to renew your membership
The easiest and quickest way to renew your membership is online via your member dashboard. Just go to www.rmets.org and click on ‘Log-in’ in the top right corner of the website. (Note: If you are registering for the first time, you will need your membership number and the email address that you registered with us; please contact us if you are unsure of this).
If you wish to revise any of your requirements for journals or subscription, please contact us via email or telephone (0118 2080 142) prior to making payment.
Gift Aid declarations
For 2021 renewals we are asking all members re-declare Gift Aid to ensure our records are up to date.
Gift Aid is a tax relief scheme that allows charities such as the Royal Meteorological Society to claim 25% of the tax already paid on all eligible donations and subscriptions made by a UK taxpayer. This means for every £1 you give we can claim an extra 25p in Gift Aid from the Government.
It couldn’t be simpler – just choose one of the following options:
- Tick a box on your dashboard status
- Tick a box when you renew your membership online
- Return the gift aid declaration on the website
- Or, email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your current Gift Aid status.
The Royal Meteorological Society is a registered charity and relies on membership and donations to help support our work. We are extremely grateful for your continued support.