The Society has developed some educational weather and climate resources for year 6 / post-SATS level. A number of people, including Ellie Highwood, Cristina Charlton-Perez and Laila Gohar, have contributed to these resources.
The resources are designed to be used in one session with year 6 (10/ 11 year old) students. Although they will support numeracy, literacy and various other aspects of the curriculum, they are designed to prepare students for secondary school rather than support the year 6 curriculum.
There are 5 suggested activities:
- Activity 1 – the Difference between Weather and Climate
- Activity 2 – Climate Change graphs
- Activity 3 – Climate Change Lucky Dip
- ctivity 4 – Weather Risk Game
- Activity 5 – Flooding/ Floating Gardens
Although they are designed to be run sequentially, you may choose to use only some of the activities, or to supplement them with your own ideas. It should be possible to use these activities with any class size.