Our 3000+ members include professionals, academics, students, teachers, enthusiasts and observers who all share a passion for meteorology, climate or related sciences. By becoming a member of the Royal Meteorological Society, you will be joining a worldwide network offering you opportunities to connect with your peers, improve your knowledge and understanding, share your expertise and advance your career.
Why Join RMetS?
- Get involved - Members can volunteer to get involved with Society activities, which include the Society meetings programme, student ambassador scheme, local centres, Special Interest Groups, and committees and council
- Support the community - Membership fees help to fund charitable activities in climate science, weather, and education
- Attend events, conferences and meetings - Members are entitled to discounted rates at Society annual conferences
- Keep up to date with latest scientific research - Members receive a free copy of Weather magazine and can pay just £10 per year to receive online access to all Society journals
- Receive member discounts - Members are entitled to discounts on Society books and selected endorsed publications, as well as journal publication fees and shop items
- Access support - Apply for grants and bursaries, awards and prizes and career support, including mentoring and jobs board
- Signify your level of expertise - Fellowship of the Society is our highest level of membership and demonstrates your wealth of experience, commitment and contribution to meteorology and/or climate science.
What type of membership is right for you?
Types of membership
For those who make substantial contributions to meteorology and related sciences, whether as an observer, amateur enthusiast, academic, teacher, professional, business person, innovator or Society volunteer.
For anyone with an interest in meteorology who wishes to support the objectives and goals of the Society.
For full-time students of meteorology and related subjects, of any age, up until three years after you cease to be a registered student.
Be part of a progressive Society and join other organisations committed to supporting meteorology as a science, profession and interest, and inspiring the next generation of meteorologists.
Please note: Memberships run from 1st January to 31st December.
Meet our members