Energy, Weather and Climate Forum: Challenges and Opportunities
12 October 2023, virtual, 1.30-4.30pm
We are pleased to announce the keynote speakers for our flagship energy event of the year: our Energy, Weather and Climate Forum:
- Dr Emily Wallace, Fellow in Weather and Climate Extremes and Impacts, Met Office
- Dr Hamid Bastani PhD, Project Officer for the Energy Sector at the World Meteorological Organisation
- Morgan M. Scott, Director of Climate READi, Sustainability and Ecosystem Stewardship at the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI).
Alongside the above speakers, we will have the following industry experts join us for the following breakout discussions. These will give you the opportunity to discuss pressing issues, and begin to propose solutions or areas where further research is required:
Operations and Maintenance
- Mark Dunk, ENA
- Emma Patmore, Lake Street Consulting
- John Zack, International Energy Agency Taskforce 51.
Trading and Medium-term Planning
- Phil Bett, Met Office UK
- Christian Gramms, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, MeteoSwiss
- David Martin, Department for Energy Security and Net Zero
- Frederic Vitart, European Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecast.
Long-term Planning, Climate Change Adaptation
- Hannah Bloomfield, University of Newcastle
- David Brayshaw, University of Reading
- Chiara Cagnazzo, C3S
- Dafni Sifnioti, EDF.
The Energy Forum is a free, virtual, half-day event which will give attendees the chance to discuss issues at the energy/weather/climate intersection and propose solutions to these problems. We are bringing together academics, industry professionals and policymakers, to share knowledge and encourage further collaboration.