By joining as a Corporate Member, you become part of a group of organisations committed to supporting meteorology as a science, profession and interest, and helping to inspire the next generation of meteorologists.
Corporate members can benefit from a range of opportunities to help raise your profile, engage a relevant audience and support the professional development of your employees.
Corporate Membership is open to any organisation with an interest in weather and climate and costs £500 per year.
Corporate member benefits
Raise the profile of your organisation
- Your company and url will be listed as a corporate member on the Society’s website, and benefit from posts on social media.
- Inclusion in the members newsletter to announce your corporate membership.
- Use of the corporate member logo on corporate communications to show support for the Society.
- Contribute 1x guest blog on the RMetS Website per year, free of charge.
- 50% discount on exhibition and sponsorship rates for Society events and conferences, plus inclusion of your corporate logo on slides at the Society’s AGM.
Engage the meteorological community and identify opportunities for collaboration
- Opportunities to demonstrate thought leadership through co-hosting or curating events in partnership with the Society.
- 20% discount on publishing research in the Society’s open access journals.
- Opportunities to speak at Society events and conferences.
- Ability to network with the meteorological community at meetings, events and conferences and benefit from 1 x free registration to 1 x Society conference per year, plus corporate member rates for other events.
- Support from the Society to find opportunities for collaboration within the wider meteorological community.
Support the professional development of your employees and inspire the next generation of meteorologists
- Enable your employees to stay up to date with the latest developments in the sector through individual membership. 3 employees will receive full individual membership, and the organisation can also benefit from a 7.5% discount on individual membership rates for employees when invoiced in bulk.
- Support your employees to achieve Registered or Chartered meteorologist status and enjoy a 10% discount on accreditation application fees.
- Benefit from discounted rates for employees attending Society CPD and training events.
- Opportunities to develop bespoke training to meet the needs of your organisation.
- 3 free postings per year on the Society’s jobs board, plus discounts on subsequent packages, to help you recruit the best candidates.
Benefit from knowledge and insights from the wider sector
- Receive 1 print copy of the Society’s house journal Weather (3 staff members will receive online access through full individual membership).
- Stay up to date with developments in the science through online access to the Society’s full portfolio of journals including Meteorological Applications, Atmospheric Science Letters, Geoscience Data Journal, Climate Resilience and Sustainability, WIRES Climate Change, International Journal of Climatology, Quarterly Journal and Weather. In addition, 3 staff members will have individual online access as part of their membership.
- Opportunities to join the Society’s committees and contribute to topics of interest.
The society also works in partnership with a number of organisations to support the delivery of shared goals and objectives. If you would like to explore opportunities to develop a partnership with the Society, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For anyone with an interest in meteorology who wishes to support the objectives and goals of the Society.
Student and Early Careers £43.00
For full-time students of meteorology and related subjects, of any age, up until three years after you cease to be a registered student.
For those who make substantial contributions to meteorology and related sciences, whether as an observer, amateur enthusiast, academic, teacher, professional, business person, innovator or Society volunteer.
Corporate from £500
Be part of a progressive Society and join other organisations committed to supporting meteorology as a science, profession and interest, and inspiring the next generation of meteorologists.
We develop bespoke partnerships with organisations to help the Society achieve its mission and support our partners to meet their goals.
Please note: Memberships run from 1st January to 31st December.