By joining as a Corporate Member, you become part of a group of organisations committed to supporting meteorology as a science, profession and interest, and helping to inspire the next generation of meteorologists.
Corporate members can benefit from a range of opportunities to help raise your profile, engage a relevant audience and support the professional development of your employees.
Corporate Membership is open to any organisation with an interest in weather and climate and costs £500 per year.
Corporate member benefits
Raise the profile of your organisation
- Your company and url will be listed as a corporate member on the Society’s website, and benefit from posts on social media.
- Inclusion in the members newsletter to announce your corporate membership.
- Use of the corporate member logo on corporate communications to show support for the Society.
- Contribute 1x guest blog on the RMetS Website per year, free of charge.
- 50% discount on exhibition and sponsorship rates for Society events and conferences, plus inclusion of your corporate logo on slides at the Society’s AGM.
Engage the meteorological community and identify opportunities for collaboration
- Opportunities to demonstrate thought leadership through co-hosting or curating events in partnership with the Society.
- 20% discount on publishing research in the Society’s open access journals.
- Opportunities to speak at Society events and conferences.
- Ability to network with the meteorological community at meetings, events and conferences and benefit from 1 x free registration to 1 x Society conference per year, plus corporate member rates for other events.
- Support from the Society to find opportunities for collaboration within the wider meteorological community.
Support the professional development of your employees and inspire the next generation of meteorologists
- Enable your employees to stay up to date with the latest developments in the sector through individual membership. 3 employees will receive full individual membership, and the organisation can also benefit from a 7.5% discount on individual membership rates for employees when invoiced in bulk.
- Support your employees to achieve Registered or Chartered meteorologist status and enjoy a 10% discount on accreditation application fees.
- Benefit from discounted rates for employees attending Society CPD and training events.
- Opportunities to develop bespoke training to meet the needs of your organisation.
- 3 free postings per year on the Society’s jobs board, plus discounts on subsequent packages, to help you recruit the best candidates.
Benefit from knowledge and insights from the wider sector
- Receive 1 print copy of the Society’s house journal Weather (3 staff members will receive online access through full individual membership).
- Stay up to date with developments in the science through online access to the Society’s full portfolio of journals including Meteorological Applications, Atmospheric Science Letters, Geoscience Data Journal, Climate Resilience and Sustainability, WIRES Climate Change, International Journal of Climatology, Quarterly Journal and Weather. In addition, 3 staff members will have individual online access as part of their membership.
- Opportunities to join the Society’s committees and contribute to topics of interest.
The society also works in partnership with a number of organisations to support the delivery of shared goals and objectives. If you would like to explore opportunities to develop a partnership with the Society, please contact email@example.com
For anyone with an interest in meteorology who wishes to support the objectives and goals of the Society.
Student and Early Careers £44.00
For full-time students of meteorology and related subjects, of any age, up until three years after you cease to be a registered student.
For those who make substantial contributions to meteorology and related sciences, whether as an observer, amateur enthusiast, academic, teacher, professional, business person, innovator or Society volunteer.
Corporate from £500
Be part of a progressive Society and join other organisations committed to supporting meteorology as a science, profession and interest, and inspiring the next generation of meteorologists.
We develop bespoke partnerships with organisations to help the Society achieve its mission and support our partners to meet their goals.
Please note: Memberships run from 1st January to 31st December.
Drawing on their network of reinsurance and market specialists worldwide, and as part of the wider Gallagher company, Gallagher Re offers the benefits of a top-tier reinsurance broker, one that has comprehensive analytics and transactional capabilities, with an on-the-ground presence and local understanding. Whether your operations are global, national or local, Gallagher Re can help you make better reinsurance and capital decisions, access worldwide markets, negotiate optimum terms, and boost your business performance.
OpenWeather provides global meteorological and climate data by offering a wide range of practical online tools. The company products are based on the proprietary short-term weather model with 1-km step and 10-minute update. Around 5,000,000 customers from different spheres, including logistics, agriculture, insurance, energy, and retail, employ OpenWeather products in their weather-driven projects.
Fortis Facades has been founded upon lineage from the first generation of façade engineering, or at least when the discipline was officially established. Its vision is to build upon the fundamentals and contribute to the second era of building envelope sciences.
Fortis Facades' approach is to provide a new format to façade engineering; one which adopts traditional best practice and, a reformed method of documenting accountability of environmental and safety aspects.
Fortis Facades are dedicated to connecting climate and façade engineering through the study of meteorology, climatology and environmental sciences to answer questions about the way in which future facades will need to interact with a changing world, and how this can be achieved with the next generations in mind.
Dundee Satellite Station (DSS) Ltd was set up by former staff of the Dundee Satellite Receiving Station at the University of Dundee, Scotland, which operated for over 40 years until 2019. Now based at Errol Airfield, 7 miles west of Dundee, DSS operates a range of satellite tracking antennas and associated equipment that provide L, S, X and UHF band downlink (receive) plus S and VHF band uplink (transmit) capabilities. The company offers comprehensive ground station services and facilities including support for small satellite operations, real time Earth Observation satellite data services, and communications R&D.
Future-proof effective and accurate weather observations and forecasts. Vaisala’s industry-leading weather observation technologies, instruments, and solutions lay the foundation for you to improve your ability to measure and forecast weather and weather phenomena.
Weatherquest Ltd is a Weather Forecasting, Consultancy and Analytics company headquartered at the University of East Anglia in Norwich, UK. Weatherquest provides a full range of operational services to their clients, 7 days a week, primarily in the Transport, Energy, Water, Food and Media sectors. Its aim is to be an "umbrella for your Business".
Around the world, organisations with complex supply chains rely on DTN to help them prosper. DTN delivers operational intelligence that drives confident decision-making and provides a competitive advantage. Their customers leverage DTN's solutions in the management of their daily operations, long-and short-term operational planning, trading, and weather risk mitigation activities. DTN ensures customers have the industry-leading data, analytics and technology they need to feed, fuel and protect our world. DTN prides themselves on earning their customers’ trust every day by delivering independent insights that help them to make critical decisions quickly and confidently.
Meteo France International (MFI) is a subsidiary of Météo-France, the French National Meteorological Service.
The company was created in 2002, in a context of growing concern related to climate change and better management of risk.
MFI's primary mission is to export Météo-France's solutions and know-how throughout the world mainly through integrated turnkey projects for the account of National Meteorological Services.
MFI is located in Toulouse (France) and is capable of intervening anywhere in the world. Up to this day, MFI's teams have implemented efficient meteorological solutions in 114 countries.
KISTERS walks the line between, the unique innovations that a start up can create, but with all the safety, security and experience of an established company that has developed off the shelf solutions for the last 35 years. Despite now being a large company with over 600 employees in offices across the globe, KISTERS remains family run, encouraging free thinking and working closely with clients to support them delivering end to end solutions. From sensors to analytics to optimisation and decision support.
FleetWeather Group is a US-based weather routing and analytics company with a 50 year history of service excellence to shipping. The company provides weather routing, charter party compliance and claims guidance services. Acquired by the UK's StratumFive Ltd in 2019, FleetWeather strengthens a continued drive towards the next generation of layered and integrated maritime data applications.
StormGeo is a global provider of weather intelligence and a trusted partner for companies who require decision support for weather sensitive operations.
We are one of the largest and fastest growing providers of professional weather services.
Our mission is to provide the most innovative decision support solutions and services for weather-sensitive operations — helping our clients safeguard people, assets and profits while improving business performance.
Equinox Instruments Limited specialises in providing class leading instruments to its customers with a product portfolio that includes solar radiation sensors, compact weather stations, ultrasonic wind sensors, anemometers, wind vanes, sun tracking systems, scintillometers, sky radiometers, data loggers, temperature profilers, chart recorders, and data acquisition recorders.
Equinox Instruments also offers a repair and Calibration service.
Contact: Peter Redgrave - firstname.lastname@example.org
Biral is a UK-based designer and manufacturer of meteorological sensors for the professional market.
Established in 1975, the company is experienced in providing innovative products to monitor all aspects of our atmosphere, from visibility and precipitation through to wind speed and thunderstorm detection. Our sensors are used worldwide in the most demanding applications such as aviation, offshore platforms and wind energy.
Lake Street Consulting Ltd translate raw weather data into useful information in an end-user friendly format, empowering our clients to work with the weather.
Lake Street Consulting was founded with the aim of helping more organisations use weather data to improve their business. Our clients vary from energy trading desks to farmers
MetDesk Limited is a UK weather forecasting business serving a global client base, predominantly in the transportation and energy sectors. We operate 24/7/365 producing dedicated, accurate and timely forecasts and we are a truly customer focussed organisation, delivering clients exactly what they need.
ROTRONIC is a Swiss-based, global company developing and manufacturing precision instruments for the monitoring and control of Humidity, Temperature, Low Dew point, CO2 indoor air quality, Differential Pressure and Airflow.
Rotronic devices are specified throughout industry, organisations including the UK Met Office and research institutes. With the wide range of parameters, devices and services available our experienced engineers can provide measurement solutions for any application.
Contact us to discuss your requirements.