Student and Early Careers Membership
Types of membership
Member from £71.00
For anyone with an interest in meteorology who wishes to support the objectives and goals of the Society.
Student and Early Careers £36.00
For full-time students of meteorology and related subjects, of any age, up until three years after you cease to be a registered student.
Fellow from £81.00
For those who make substantial contributions to meteorology and related sciences, whether as an observer, amateur enthusiast, academic, teacher, professional, business person, innovator or Society volunteer.
Corporate from £500
Be part of a progressive Society and join other organisations committed to supporting meteorology as a science, profession and interest, and inspiring the next generation of meteorologists.
Please note: Memberships run from 1st January to 31st December.
The Royal Meteorological Society is a registered charity and relies on member subscriptions and donations to help support our charitable work
Stay up to date with the latest news about weather and climate
- Online copy of our monthly in-house Journal Weather
- Free online access to our full journal portfolio of eight titles, including Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society, International Journal of Climatology and WIRES Climate Change
- Exclusive Monthly Members Enewsletter with the latest news and events from the Society
Raise your profile, share your views and connect with like-minded professionals, enthusiasts, staff and volunteers
- Join us at National Meetings and Conferences, online and in person, throughout the year
- Join one of our Local Centres for regular informal meetings on a range of topics.
- Join one of our Special Interest Groups to exchange information and views on specific areas of weather and climate.
- Join our Council or a Committee to help run the Society
- Volunteer with the Society, for example, as an editor for one of our Journals, and increase your skills.
Develop your career with our support
- The Society is the only recognised authority able to award Chartered or Registered Meteorologist with our accreditation schemes
- Use ACCSYS the Society’s online tool to create, manage and submit CPD reports and accreditation applications.
- Study for a vocational qualification
- Take part in our mentoring scheme as a mentor or mentee (coming soon)
- Access to grants and bursaries to finance expeditions, carry out research or attend meteorological conferences.
- Recognition through our Awards, Medals and Prizes
- Career opportunities through resources and advice plus our Jobs Board.
- Discounts for Society meetings and conferences.
- Member discounts for our Book Endorsement Programme and in our online shop.
- Discounts for authors submitting to our Journals
Am I eligible?
This membership option is open to full-time students of meteorology and related subjects, of any age, up until three years after you cease to be a registered student.
We have a number of Student Ambassadors at universities and research institutions around the country but are still seeking ambassadors at a number of locations, so please get in touch to find out more.
Meet our Student and Early Careers members