Types of membership
Member from £71.00
For anyone with an interest in meteorology who wishes to support the objectives and goals of the Society.
Student and Early Careers £36.00
For full-time students of meteorology and related subjects, of any age, up until three years after you cease to be a registered student.
Fellow from £81.00
For those who make substantial contributions to meteorology and related sciences, whether as an observer, amateur enthusiast, academic, teacher, professional, business person, innovator or Society volunteer.
Corporate from £500
Be part of a progressive Society and join other organisations committed to supporting meteorology as a science, profession and interest, and inspiring the next generation of meteorologists.
Please note: Memberships run from 1st January to 31st December.
Stay up to date with the latest news about weather and climate
- Online copy of our monthly in-house Journal Weather
- An additional fee to receive printed copies of Weather is available
- Free online access to our full journal portfolio of eight titles, including Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society, International Journal of Climatology and WIRES Climate Change
- Exclusive Monthly Members Enewsletter with the latest news and events from the Society
Raise your profile, share your views and connect with like minded professionals, enthusiasts, staff and volunteers
- Join us at National Meetings and Conferences, online and in person, throughout the year
- Join one of our Local Centres for regular informal meetings on a range of topics.
- Join one of our Special Interest Groups to exchange information and views on specific areas of weather and climate.
- Join our Council or a Committee to help run the Society
- Volunteer with the Society, for example, as an editor for one of our Journals, and increase your skills.
Develop your career with our support
- The Society is the only recognised authority able to award Chartered or Registered Meteorologist with our accreditation schemes
- Use ACCSYS the Society’s online tool to create, manage and submit CPD reports and accreditation applications.
- Study for a vocational qualification
- Take part in our mentoring scheme as a mentor or mentee (coming soon)
- Access to grants and bursaries to finance expeditions, carry out research or attend meteorological conferences.
- Recognition through our Awards, Medals and Prizes
- Career opportunities through resources and advice plus our Jobs Board
- Discount on membership fees for members of the American Meteorological Society, Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society, Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society, Indian Meteorological Society, Institute of Physics and Royal Photographic Society
- Discounts for Society meetings and conferences.
- Member discounts for our Book Endorsement Programme and in our online Shop.
- Discounts for authors submitting to our Journals
Am I eligible?
- This membership option is open to everyone
Are you eligible for Fellowship? Becoming a Fellow is for members who make substantial contributions to meteorology and related sciences, whether as an observer, amateur enthusiast, academic, teacher, professional, business person, innovator or Society volunteer