Thermal Physics of the Atmosphere
Thermal Physics of the Atmosphere offers a concise and thorough introduction on how basic thermodynamics naturally leads on to advanced topics in atmospheric physics.
The book starts by covering the basics of thermodynamics and its applications in atmospheric science. The later chapters describe major applications, specific to more specialized areas of atmospheric physics, including vertical structure and stability, cloud formation, and radiative processes. The book concludes with a discussion of non-equilibrium thermodynamics as applied to the atmosphere.
This book provides a thorough introduction and invaluable grounding for specialised literature on the subject.
- Introduces a wide range of areas associated with atmospheric physics
- Starts from basic level thermal physics
- Ideally suited for readers with a general physics background
- Self-assessment questions included for each chapter
- Supplementary website to accompany the book
This title is available with a 35% discount for RMetS members, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request the code.