Weather Photographer of the Year 2022
The Royal Meteorological Society's 'Weather Photographer of the Year' is firmly established on the international calendar as it enters its 7th year.
It is free to enter and open to photographers, professional and amateur, of all ages and abilities. For the first time this year there is also no minimum age for the Young Weather Photographer competition, and we are proud to welcome The Week Junior Science+Nature as our media partner. It doesn't matter where you are or what you are doing, there will always be weather, and that can lend itself to some really exciting photo opportunities, whether you're at the coast, up a mountain, in a desert or your back garden, we can guarantee you'll have a view that no-one else will have seen and the judges are waiting for you to share it. They are also particularly keen to see photos that show the impact of climate change and document what is happening on a personal level.
'Weather Photographer of the Year', in association with AccuWeather, attracted almost 9,000 photos last year, seen by millions of people across the world, and there are some great prizes on offer as well as bragging rights of course!
This year's line-up of judges includes experienced meteorologists, photographers and photo editors. They will look for images that combine photographic skill with meteorological observation and storytelling. To discover the audience favourite, shortlisted entries in the main and mobile competitions will also be put to a public vote in August and September.
What are you waiting for? Get snapping!
Ready to dive in? Check out our handy list of next steps below!
- Have a look at our blogs to get some hints and tips
- Read our Terms and Conditions
- When you are ready to enter, click one of our three categories above (Weather Photographer of the Year, Young Weather Photographer of the Year, Mobile Phone – Weather Photographer of the Year)
- Subscribe to our social media channels
- Vote for your favourite photo (25 August – 21 September)
- Follow us for the results announced on 6 October
- Subscribe to our competition newsletter
Spread the word with friends and family, youth groups, and any photographers who you think would love to take part!