Prize for original research, innovation and significant contribution to meteorology and its application
These three Prizes are awarded biennially and have not been awarded in 2019.
The Hugh Robert Mill Award is awarded biennially for original research into the distribution or variation of rainfall or its application to meteorology or a related science.
The Innovation Award is awarded biennially in recognition of contributions from both the professional and amateur community and outstanding contributions to the work of national and international meteorological field campaigns.
The Vaisala Award is awarded biennially to recognise individuals or teams within the amateur community, academia or business who have made significant contributions to the field of observation and instrumentation.
The call for nominations for the Hugh Robert Mill, Innovation and Vaisala 2020 awards is now open.
2019 Awards & Prizes
- Distinguished work and careers
- Outstanding contributions published in the Society’s journals
- Original research, innovation and significant contribution to meteorology and its application
- Original contributions of early-career scientists
- Outstanding contribution in public outreach and communication
- Outstanding contribution or service to the Society or the Society’s journal Weather
- Journal Editor's Awards