Membership for professionals
As a Professional you may be particularly interested in these benefits of membership of the Royal Meteorological Society:
- Remote-viewing for our national meetings, plus access to speaker presentations following national meetings
- Reading Weather magazine, on your smartphone with the free Weather Journal app, online via your RMetS.org account, or delivered by post to your door
- Subscribing to our other six world-leading journals (Wires Climate Change, Quarterly Journal, Meteorological Applications, International Journal of Climatology, Atmospheric Science Letters and Geoscience Data) at a discounted rate, or access them all online for only £10
- Become professionally accredited by applying for Registered and Chartered Meteorologist status.
Should I be a Fellow, a Member or a Student Member of RMetS?
Within three years of graduation, you are still eligible for the Student rate. Members of the American Meteorological Society, Institute of Physics, Royal Photographic Society or Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society are eligible for a 25% discount on the Member rate. Fellow, our highest level of membership, is for anyone making substantial contributions to meteorology, whether as an observer, academic, teacher, professional, business person, innovator or Society volunteer.
Types of membership
For those who make substantial contributions to meteorology and related sciences, whether as an observer, amateur enthusiast, academic, teacher, professional, business person, innovator or Society volunteer.
For anyone with an interest in meteorology who wishes to support the objectives and goals of the Society.
For full-time students of meteorology and related subjects, of any age, up until three years after you cease to be a registered student.
Corporate from £500
Be part of a progressive Society and join other organisations committed to supporting meteorology as a science, profession and interest, and inspiring the next generation of meteorologists.
Please note: Memberships run from 1st January to 31st December.
Other Benefits of Membership for Professionals
- Keep up to date with the latest news and events within meteorology
- Receive our monthly e-newsletter with updates on Society news, our latest projects and upcoming events
- Be invited to dozens of national meetings, local meetings, special interest groups, conferences and other events each year
- Receiving discounts on Wiley-Blackwell books
- Develop your career
- Receive Member discounts on author charges to publish in our journals
- Record professional development activities on the Society's own online tool, ACCSYS
- Receive support from the Legacies Fund, grants and fellowships
- After gaining experience, apply for Fellowship and use the postnominals FRMetS
- Win awards in recognition of outstanding achievements
- Enjoy discounts
- On charged meetings and Conferences
- On membership of partner organisations at the American Meteorological Society, Institute of Physics, Royal Photographic Society and Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society
- On membership of the Royal Meteorological Society. For three years after graduation in meteorology, or a related subject, you can be a member at the Student rate
- Borrow instruments and access educational resources at no charge
- At our online shop
- Take part in