The Climate Science Special Interest Group aims to sustain, encourage and progress activity in climate science.
By climate science we mean that the focus is on the meteorological and related earth system sciences, and includes climate change. Consideration is also given to the impacts of climate/ climate change and relevant societal implications and technical aspects of responses.
- provides updates to the Society on the latest advances in climate science and their implications for society;
- works closely with the Science Engagement Committee on joint activities, such as briefing papers, statements and events on climate science;
- identifies potential collaborators and partners for the Society to engage with regarding climate science;
- organises meetings on climate science, the impacts of climate change and technical solutions for both mitigation and adaption;
- Facilitates consortium grant proposals.
The Group works closely with the Science Engagement Committee to ensure the advancement of understanding in this science area.
Richard Betts is the Chair of the group. The group is overseen by a small committee, drawn from a cross-section of climate scientists, decision makers and industry. One committee member of the Special Interest Group sits on the Science Engagement Committee. Committee members are appointed for a period of 3 years by the Chair of the Group.
Schedule of Meetings
The Special Interest Group committee meets twice a year and additionally if required in order to deliver its aims.
For more information please contact email@example.com.